Constitution of Grievance Redressal Committee for the Session 2021-22
In pursuance to the All India Council for Technical Education (Establishment of mechanism for Grievance Redressal) Regulations,2012 published vide notification F.No-37-3/Legal/2012 dated 25.05.2012 & AICTE Regulations, 2019 (Redressal of Grievance of Students) vide F. No. 1-101/PGRC/AICTE/Regulation/2019 dated 07.11.2019 & AICTE (Grievance of Faculty and staff members) Regulations, 2021 vide F. No. 1-103/AICTE/PGRC/Regulation/2021 dated 22.03.2021 published in the gazette of India on dt. 25.03.2021 in order to ensure transparency by technical Institution imparting technical education, in admissions & with paramount objective of preventing unfair practices & to provide a mechanism to innocent students for redressal of their grievances and for addressing & effectively resolving grievances of faculties & staff members working in the institute related to their service, a Grievance Redressal Committee of PCIET, Chhendipada, Dist.-Angul is hereby reconstituted for the session 2021-22 on dt. 07.04.2021 vide Order No. PCIET/ESTT/1703/2021 dated 07.04.2021 with the following members.
1) Er. Hemanta Kumar Pradhan Chairman
2) Er. Aswini Kumar Pradhan Member
Lect. in Comp.
3) Er. Subhashree Pradhan Member
H.O.D., Elect. Engg.
4) Er. Sibani Sahu Member
Lect. in Civil Engg.
5) Er. Taranisen Mohanty Member
H.O.D., Mech. Engg.
6) Er. Gouri Sankar Pradhan Member
Lect. in Mech. Engg.
7) Mr. Kshira Mohan Behera Member
H.O.D., Math. & Sc.
8) Er. Dillip Kumar Dehury Member
H.O.D., Mining Engg.
(i) Making admission contrary to merit determined in accordance with the declared admission policy of the institute.
(ii) Irregularity in the admission process adopted by the institute.
(iii) Refusing admission in accordance with the declared admission policy of the institute.
(iv) Withhold or refuse to return any document in the form of certificates of degree, diploma or any other award or other document deposited with it by a person for the purpose of seeking admission in such institution, with a view to induce or compel such person to pay any fee or fees in respect of any course or programme of study which such person does not intend to pursue.
(v) Demand of money in excess of that specified in the declared admission policy or approved by the competent authority to be charged by such institution.
(vi) Breach of the policy for reservation in admission as may be applicable.
(vii) Complaints of alleged discrimination by students from Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, OBC, women, minority or disabled categories.
(viii) Non payment or delay in payment of scholarships to any students that such institution is committed, under the conditions imposed by AICTE, or by any other authority.
(ix) delay in conduct of examinations or declaration of results beyond that specified in the academic calendar.
(x) On provision of student amenities as may have been promised or required to be provided by the institution.
(xi) Denial of quality education as promised at the time of admission or required to be provided.
(xii) Non transparent or unfair evaluation practices.
(xiii) Harassment and victimization of students including sexual harassment and
(xiv) Refund of fees on withdrawal of admissions per AICTE instructions from time to time.
OBJECTIVE OF GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL COMMITTEE FOR FACULTY & STAFFS OF PCIET, CHHENDIPADA
To provide opportunities for redressal of certain grievances of faculty/staff members already appointed in any institution, as well as those seeking appointment to such institution and a mechanism thereto.
MECHANISM OF REDRESSAL OF GRIEVANCES IN GRC :
(a) Aggrieved faculty/staff members means a faculty and staff members, who has any complaint in the matters relating to or connected with grievances defined under these regulations.
(b) Grievances means and includes complaints made by an aggrieved faculty/staff members in respect of the following service related matters namely :
(i) Withholding of or refusal to return any document in the form of certificate of degree, diploma, experience certificate, relieving order or any other award of other document deposited for the purpose of seeking appointment in such institution.
(ii) Non-payment of salaries/wages and/or benefits or any other allowances or dues etc. during service or retirement/resignation; as the case may be.
(iii) Discrepancies between their wages and/or benefits and other members of the staffs in similar roles/post/experience.
(iv) Termination without giving any reason or notice or memorandum.
(v) Non-payment of gratuity amount as per prevailing Govt. rules in force on resignation/retirement, and
(vi) Any other liability which is directly connected with their service and causing financial loss or any harm or traums.
PROCEDURE IN REDRESSAL OF GRIEVANCES :-
(A) FOR STUDENTS :-
1. Each Technical institution shall establish a registry, headed by an employee of the institute of appropriate rank as the Ombudsman may decide, where an aggrieved student or person may make an applicant seeking redressal of grievance.
2. The address of the registry so established shall be published widely including on the notice board and prospectus and placed on the website of the institution.
3. On receipt of an application by the registry, the employee-in-charge shall inform the Ombudsman and shall immediately provide a copy to the institution for furnishing its reply within seven days.
4. The Ombudsman shall fix a date for hearing the complaint which shall be communication to the institute and the aggrieved person either in writing or electronically to the institute and the aggrieved person either in writing or electronically, as may be feasible.
5. An aggrieved person may appear either in person or represented by such person as may be authorized to present his case.
6. The ombudsman shall be guided by principles of natural justice while hearing the grievance.
7. The Ombudsman shall ensure disposal of every application within one month of receipt for speedy redress of grievance.
8. The Technical Institution shall be expected to co-operate with the ombudsman in redress of grievances and failure to do so may be reported by the ombudsman to AICTE.
9. On the conclusion of proceedings, the ombudsman shall pass such order, with reasons for such order, as may be deemed fit to redress the grievance and provide such relief as may be desirable to the affected party at issue.
10. Every order under clause(9), under the signature of the ombudsman, shall be provided to the aggrieved person and the institution and shall be placed on the website of the Technical institution.
11. The Technical institution shall comply with the order of the ombudsman.
12. Any order of the ombudsman not complied with by the institution shall be reported to the AICTE for appropriate action as deemed fit by the Council.
13. A complaint shall be filed by the aggrieved student, his/her parent or with a special permission from the ombudsman, by any other person.
14. In case of any false/frivolous complaint, the ombudsman may order appropriate action against the complainant.
15. The principles and procedures outlined above shall apply to the working of the Grievance Redressal Committee in the Technical Institute except
(a) In case of lack of unanimity the Grievance Committee shall take decisions by majority.
(b) The Grievance Committee shall communicate its decisions within ten days of receipt of complaint.
(B) FUNCTIONING OF GRC FOR FAULTY & STAFF :
(i) A complain form an aggrieved faculty or staff member relating to the institution shall be address to the Chairperson, Grievance Redressal Committee (GRC).
(ii) The GRC shall send its reports with recommendations, if any, to the Director of Technical Education & Training, Odisha, for redressal of their grievances.
(iii) The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) level Grievance Redressal Cell established by the DTE shall address such grievances and settle the matter at DTE Level.